Joining the workforce takes preparation. The more you know the easier it is to transition into a job. Getting the job is just the beginning. Enjoying your job in terms of the work culture is equally important.
Here is a cafeteria list of areas to consider:
- interest inventories
- understanding work culture
- searching for a job or internship
- the positive side to a volunteer position
- applying for a job: interviewing, proper attire, resume, sending a cover letter/resume, emailing versus phoning
- dress for success
- what do I do if there’s someone at work that I “like like”?
- when work is boring
- socializing outside of work